John Campbell is an experienced Program Manager at Microsoft Excel for and has been working on the Excel Team for over 10 years.
In this episode John takes us behind the scenes and inside Microsoft’s offices to discuss the evolution of Microsoft Excel, Excel’s 30th Anniversary, the new features in Excel 2016, Microsoft’s plans for the next 5 years and he also talks about how it is to work with Bill Gates!
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates so you don’t miss out on these awesome interviews and Excel insights!
John’s Excel book
John’s Excel Favorites
- Keyboard Shortcut:
- ALT + =
- CTRL + V
- Excel Tip: Pivot Tables
- Excel User Voice to leave your feature requests, bug fixes and any ideas you may have to improve Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft’s HoloLens virtual & digital reality with holograms (Watch the video, really really AMAZING!!!)
- Excel’s History in wikipedia
- Visicalc was the first spreadsheet created
- Multiplan was the first speadsheet created by Microsoft
- Lotus 123 was one of Excel`s early competitors
- Tableau is a current competitor of Microsoft Excel
- Google Sheets is another competitor to Microsft Excel
- Power BI is Microsoft’s data visualization & intelligence tool
Excel 2016 New Features
Connect with John
- Excel User Voice is the best way to connect with John and his team
Listen to the MyExcelOnline Podcast on your favorite platform!
- Excel Tutorial Blog: Learn all the essential tips to get you up and running and using Excel to its full potential. Choose from Formulas, Pivot Tables, Charts, Analysis, Shortcuts, Macros plus more >> CLICK HERE TO VIEW
- Weekly Excel Lesson Plans: Delivered to your inbox each and every Friday, containing a lesson on Formulas, Pivot Tables, Charts and Analysis that will skyrocket your Excel skills! Subscribe and join over 55,000 professionals who get career boosting free Excel lessons PLUS a free copy of my E-Book: The Ultimate Excel Resource Guide!
- Free Excel Webinars: Learn the power of Pivot Tables and Power Query with our free webinars. CLICK HERE TO VIEW NOW
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you for joining me this week. If you have some feedback that you’d like to share, then please leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The MyExcelOnline Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions you can send me an email to email@example.com
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates so you don’t miss out on these awesome interviews and Excel insights!