Sometimes we get data that is downloaded from an external source and it is not formatted properly.
You may have cells with missing data and cases where you want to copy the cell directly above to fill in your empty cell in Excel.
This can be achieved with the following steps:
* Highlighting your data set
* In the ribbon menu select Home > Find & Select > Go to Special or just press the keyboard shortcut CTRL+G
* Select the Blanks option and press OK (This highlights all your blank cells);
* Then you need to press the = sign and reference the cell directly above
* Finally, and most importantly, you need to press CTRL+ENTER so that the formula can be filled in to all the selected blank cells.